KRUPS has introduced its latest model, the KRUPS EA8250, a fully automatic espresso machine which has been built with the single purpose to deliver unto you the perfect espresso coffee within seconds. Designed and built in France, the new KRUPS EA8250 is an all-in-one compact coffee machine with a unique thermoblock system, a LCD display, an integrated conical Burr grinder and a 60 oz water tank. It comes in Black and is designed with a sleek look, which can blend in well with most kitchens, and its compact size allows you to save precious space on the kitchen counter, while still looking plush.
Important Features of the KRUPS EA8250
- Patented Compact ThermoBlock System, which ensures a piping hot (and we mean piping hot at 195 degrees F !) cup of coffee;
- An interactive LCD Display to makecoffee speciality selection easy for you and a steam nozzle to make a cup of creamy latte coffee;
- Large 1.8 L / 60 oz water tank with empty water tank detection technology and a large bean hopper
- A 15-bar High Pressure Pump along with a Conical Burr Grinder and Hydraulic Automatic Tamping System to ensure Barista quality coffee at home in seconds;
- Easy cleaning process with a removable drip tray;
- Additional Accessories such as A water filtration cartridge, cleaning tablets and Descaling Powder;
- 2 years worldwide warranty;
Why do you need a KRUPS EA8250 at home?
1. Get Fresh Gourmet Coffee Experience at Home – A large, sealed bean hopper in the KRUPS EA8250 makes sure that your coffee beans do not lose the flavour once you have put them in for the grounding, till the last bean has been done with. It also has an oily bean accessory to ensure that the beans do not get stuck while grinding.
2. Get a Cup of Piping Hot Coffee in Seconds – With its innovative ThermoBlock system, the KRUPS EA8250 is capable of delivering a piping hot coffee (and we mean PIPING at 195 degrees Fahrenheit!) in seconds with a guaranteed perfect tamping and time management while extraction.
3. Automatic Cleaning – The KRUPS EA8250 is an automatic cleaning machine and it is as low maintenance as a fully automated coffee maker can be. It boasts of an exclusive system which does away with any manual involvement at all when it comes to cleaning the machine. That means you will never have to take it apart to get to the core, just in order to clean it thoroughly or worry about replacing the parts regularly. There are additional accessories available such as – a water filter, cleaning tablets, de-scaling powder and a liquid cleaner for the steaming wand.
4. Consistent Grounded beans – Equipped with a metallic, conical grinder, used by professionals, which ensures that the ground coffee is of a consistent quality. You also have the option to set the metal grinder’s coarseness controls manually to your liking. However, you don’t have an access to the actual brewing unit, which can be a good thing in some cases.
5. Intuitive Graphic Interface – This is KRUPS most easy to use graphical interface so far. The intuitive LCD display and the ergonomic knob, make menu navigation and setting your preferences very easy. The LCD screen will walk you through the process of coffee type selection, water hardness levels, temperature etc. You can also set the water level from 30mL-70mL depending on the quantity you like. The smart LCD panel is interactive enough to talk to you and it reminds you to clean your coffee drawer before you make your espresso!
How does KRUPS EA8250 fare with its competitors?
The new KRUPS EA8250 claims to be the most compact fully automated espresso machine and it has features which are certainly superior to its competitors, or are completely missing in other machines.
The KRUPS EA82 is far more programmable than the other competitors, and that is despite it being a lower end model. It has an auto-on and auto-off feature which is not found in many more expensive coffee machines. It also has a larger water tank capacity than most of its contemporaries, which does not compromise in any way with its sleek build and design. There is a nice additional feature in the form of a cup warming tray, which is again something found normally in the more expensive models. And since it claims to be an espresso machine rather than a coffee machine, it comes preloaded with four different types of espresso (espresso, strong espresso, coffee and long coffee) which is a rarity in itself!
We compared the KRUPS EA8250 with the JURA ENA 4 and here are the results :
- KRUPS allows for only whole beans, no pre ground coffee, JURA can use pre ground coffee.
- No milk container provided with the JURA ENA 4 and must be bought for an additional 80-100 dollars, KRUPS comes with its own stainless steel container.
- KRUPS bean container cannot be removed, JURA allows for a removable container.
- JURA needs to be cleaned every 180 cycles, the KRUPS EA8250 requires cleaning after every 360 cycles or so.
- While the KRUPS EA8250 took only 22 minutes for cleaning, the JURA took 44 minutes!
- Both have a programmable energy saving mode.
- Both come with a 2 year/6000 cup warranty.
– A compact, All in one unit with an extremely quick brewing time (less than 2 minutes);
– Auto clean/rinse cycle;
– Easy Interface design;
– Steam Nozzle for dispensing hot water for tea/hot chocolate drinkers;
– Energy Efficient and Auto-off feature;
– Sleek design and build, manufactured in France.
– Cannot Use Pre-grounded coffee;
– Non-removable bean hopper;
– Water Filters need to be replaced every two months or so at $18-$20.
The KRUPS EA8250 is a machine for those seeking an automatic coffee maker, minus the complex features and which offers more features than they paid for. Backed by the integrity of the KRUPS brand, this machine exudes quality and provides excellent performance. The coffee brewed by the KRUPS EA8250 is gourmet quality, and matches the coffee strength and quality of professional coffee shops.The design is modern and the service it provides is visionary. Designed and made in France, this coffee maker is a premium accessory for both, coffee amateurs or aficionados. The specifications allow for fine and consistently ground coffee, with forth or plain milk. KRUPS EA8250 is an ideal espresso machine for large families (or coffee strongholds!) and small work places.