The Capresso brand name is derived from an amalgamation of the words “Cappuccino” and “Espresso”. However, Capresso doesn’t specialize only in coffee machines which make Espressos and Cappuccinos only. In fact, they have a wide range of coffee related assortments such as Coffee makers, Espresso machines, Coffee grinders, Milk frothers and even electric water kettles.
If you click the button above you will be redirected to Amazon.com. In case you then decide to buy anything, Amazon.com will pay me a commission. This doesn’t affect the honesty of this review in any way though.
The popularity of Capresso as a leading coffee machine maker brand has its roots back in the 1990s, since then its products, notably the coffee maker machines have been known for their innovative designs and functionality. And after Capresso decided to merge with the Swiss coffee machine manufacturer giant Jura AG, the reputation of Capresso has only grown under its new brand name Jura-Capresso.
So, does the new Jura-Capresso EC100 live up to the tradition and reputation of its original brand as well as that of the global giant Jura? Continue to read our review of the Capresso EC100 to find out…
The first thing you will notice about the Capresso EC100 is its stainless steel based design, which gives it a neat look and is also easily cleaned. Capresso has been making conscious moves to make its products appear to be more “intellectual” than its competitors and so, you will find a programmable, digital timer with LED display at the front centre along with a smart filter indicator. Apart from these features, Capresso has tried to up the safety quotient of its espresso machine by adding a new feature where the machine stops brewing coffee as soon as it senses that the pot has been removed from its place. Also, the machine is designed to shut off in two hours, if not being used.
Key Features of the Capresso EC100
1. Dual Frother – The Capresso EC100 contains a dual frother, with separate frothing positions for steamed milk (latte) and frothed milk (Cappuccino). The frothing sleeve allows you to swirl hot steam and air into your milk, thus making a rich, foamy layer at the top for your cappuccino. While making lattes, you will have to remove the frothing sleeve and use the underlying steam tube which injects only hot steam into the milk, making it ideal for a latte.
2. Thermoblock Heating System – It has Jura’s unique thermoblock mechanism lined with Stainless Steel, to ensure that your coffee is served piping hot and the most authentic flavours and aromas extracted from the coffee beans don’t get diluted.
3. 15-bar Pump – Like the best espresso machines found in cafes and restaurants, the Capresso EC100 deploys a 15-bar pump to extract the deepest flavour and aroma out of the coffee beans. You can use finely ground coffee or pre-packaged espresso coffee pods to brew a cup of espresso.
4. 46 oz Water Tank – The 46 oz water tank allows to store sufficient water while brewing several cups of coffee. It has a clear, transparent body which allows you to check the water level while filling it up or before brewing coffee. The water tank can be easily removed in order to clean the machine, however it cannot be used with a dishwasher but needs to be cleaned manually.
5. Removable Drip Tray & Warming Tray– The Capresso EC100 has a removable drip tray which helps to clean the machine well and thoroughly. It also contains a removable cup warming tray made of stainless steel, in order to keep your coffee hot for a longer period.
6. Additional Safety features – The length of the electrical cord is kept short enough so that it stays out of the reach of kids as well as makes your counter look less messier. There are indicator lights which tell you when the machine is on and off, and an auto shut down feature which shuts off the machine if not being used for 2 hours.
- Dual Frother
- Thermoblock Heating system
- Easy cleanup
- Large water tank
- Great value for money
- Complaints about inconsistent brew
- Diminishing performance over time
- The length of the frothing wand could have been a bit longer
The Capresso EC100 allows you to make Espresso and Cappuccinos, which have the distinct taste and aroma of the coffee served in premium shops what with its unique dual frothers. It has generous safety features which make it a dependable machine and solid stainless steel build, which makes it durable. Its host of innovative features and unique systems at a very affordable price make it an attractive package for beginners as well as experienced coffee drinkers. Some consumers have complained about a depreciation in its performance over time, but at its current price of around $130 odd, it still remains a good deal to go with.