The very best home appliances are termed best in their respective categories for one common reason, they adopt complex machinery and make them simple and easy to use for the end customers! Your coffee maker belongs to the same category which hides the complex machinery it contains inside and provides you with a much simpler interface and a superb, premium cup of coffee. But almost all coffee makers still need a separate (and expensive) grinder and they also have to tamp each pull. Also, these automatic coffee machines can be quite difficult to clean and maintain. Right? Well the new Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center promises to finish off that bothersome practice, but does it really deliver? Let’s find out!
The Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center definitely sets higher standards for all the contemporary coffee makers, what with its advanced technology (which includes two grinders and two heating systems) which allows you to make two cups of distinct flavours at a time! Add to this, its supreme design and incredible look, the Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center can well be termed as the Ferrari of Coffee Machines!
Features of the Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center
1. TFT Colour Display with Rotary Selection – Definitely the star feature of this machine, here all you have to do is turn the Rotary Switch to view the list of Coffee Specialities (latte, espresso, cappuccino, cafe creme etc.) available in it and press the corresponding rectangular button to get your desired cup of coffee.
2. Guided Programming Assistance – The Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center guides you through each programming method and menus, and includes pics and texts for easy navigation. The interactive navigation system guides you through the maintenance procedure as well as helps you brew your favourite coffee easily in a matter of minutes.
3. Fine Foam Technology – This excellent Frother technology creates the perfect milk foam and creates a wonderful, creamy and consisten layer of froth ( the secret lies in the fact that it froths the milk twice!). Frothing a second time pops the bubbles which were created during the first time frothing and the end result is a very fine, thick and light foam that seems to last forever!
4. Incredible Look and feel – Finished with the highest quality metallic-look silver lacquer, the Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center is one good looking coffee maker! Its aluminium front, slick spouts and black plastic sides, give it a super stylish look which can fit any modern kitchen.
5. Dual Ceramic Grinders – The Giga 5 is fitted with two ceramic canisters for grinding beans, which allows very less noise while grinding. This also makes the machine very fast and allows for a much more consistent grinding for years, as the ceramic grinders are virtually wear-free. Also, the electronic sensors in the ceramic grinders make sure that you have enough control over the density and strength of your coffee. And though the ceramics allow for very little noise, however, once the coffee is made, the machine does make a loud noise announcing the job as finished, also the screen is not very transparent, and so it is quite difficult to find out which canister is being used for making the coffee.
6. Barista Specialities – You can choose from a menu of 12 creative coffee recipes by using the rotary switch, and impress your friends and family by serving them entirely new and creative coffee specialities, all at push of a single button!
7. Clearlyl Water Care System Integration – This system is responsible for cleaning all the unnecessary minerals (lead, aluminium, chlorine and copper) from your tap water, which results in a much better tasting coffee. There is also an organic additive which removes the carbon content of the water and makes the de-calcification of the water quite easy.
8. Auto De-scaling and Cleansing Cycles – The Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center is a self-cleansing machine and it likes to be cleaned a lot. The automated cleaning cycle makes sure that there is no residue of coffee left in the inner chambers. None of parts have to taken out from the inside and the interactive display will remind you when it is time to clean up the scales formed inside the machine, which happens after about 200 cups of coffee had been made.
9. High Capacity – The Giga 5 has a water tank on its left side which can hold 87 oz of water at a time, and two pumps, two top of the range grinders and multiple heat exchangers, all working together to provide you with multiple coffee specialities at the same time!
Useful Tip -: When operating the Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center for the first time, go into the Expert Mode on the menu; here you are able to adjust the settings for things like the volume, coffee strength, coffee grinder and water temperature. This helps you make your coffee best suited to your own taste, every time you use the machine! Also, the menus on this machine can be quite confusing and if at any time you find yourself trapped in an endless cycle inside these menus, just press “P” whenever it appears, this will take you out of wherever you are at that point and back to the home menu.
|– Fine Foam feature||– Expensive|
|– Low noise operation||– Placing of the coffee cups under the spouts, while making two at a time, can be a bit tricky if the coffee mugs are thick or odd shaped|
|– High boutique quality coffee|
|– Several coffee specialities available|
|– Faster coffee making- Barista Settings|
|– Easy operating features and interactive menus|
|– Great Aesthetics|
Now that you know all the important features and non-features of the Jura Giga 5 Automatic Coffee Center, you can start planning how to get one of these super speciality coffee makers. This is one of the most exquisite coffee makers till date and is truly, and rightly considered as the Ferrari of its genre. But like a Ferrari, the Jura Giga 5 comes expensive and is a bit high maintenance, so if you are okay on both these fronts, the Jura Giga 5 is certainly THE coffee maker to purchase!